Ghassoul Face Clay 100% Pure & Natural (100g)
WHAT IS GHASSOUL?
Ghassoul, is a natural, mineral and volcanic clay found in deposits in the Middle Atlas Mountains in Morocco. It is rich in Iron, Potasium, Magnesium, Silicon, Sodium, Pro-vitamin and Trace elements.
This powder has been sold in the Near East since the Middle Ages. It is a natural ingredient typical of the oriental tradition, used in beauty for body and hair care. You will find it in particular in the hammams.
It is a cleansing powder, but does not contain surfactants and does not alter the lipoprotective film of the epidermis and hair fiber. It can, therefore, be used as shampoos or mild soaps, especially recommended for sensitive skin or scalp.
You are surely wondering how a powder can wash the hair? Simply mix Ghassoul with water to form a paste. It cleanses through a physical process, absorbing impurities and sebum and disappearing when rinsed.
THE BENEFITS OF GHASSOUL
Ghassoul is a natural product with multiple virtues on the skin, but also the hair.
- Gently cleanses, purifies and degreases the hair fiber and skin tissue without irritating the sebaceous glands and without attacking the protective sheath of the hair.
- Softens skin and hair
- Decongests the epidermis
- Absorbs excess sebum
- Regulates sebum production of combination and oily skin and oily scalps.
- Has a volumizing effect on fine hair
- It is astringent and tightens the pores, useful for problem or oily skin.
- Helps dandruff disappearance
- It facilitates the detangling of the hair.
- Restores elasticity to the skin tissue
- It has a regenerating and lightening effect on dull skin.
THE VARIOUS USES OF GHASSOUL
Uses of Ghassoul on the skin
Here are a few examples of uses:
- Purifying mask for acne-prone skin, especially in the case of blackheads
- As a balancing mask for combination skin
- Radiance Mask
- Gentle exfoliation
- Cleanser for the epidermis
Uses of Ghassoul on hair
Ghassoul is recommended for mixed, oily, fine and dull hair as well as for sensitive scalps. As examples, here are some possible uses:
- Shampoo (to be used as a mask)
- For volumizing mask
- Balancing Mask for Combination Hair
- As a mask to soften hair
PREPARE YOUR GHASSOUL WELL
To benefit from the benefits of this clay it is important to know how to prepare and apply it. Here is some information for a purified skin.
- Our ghassoul is sold in powder form. The goal is to obtain a paste with the same texture as a yoghurt.
- Place the clay powder necessary for your care, 2 tablespoons are sufficient for a face mask.
- Add a trickle of water.
- Mix and add water if necessary in order to obtain a texture that is neither too liquid nor too solid (as said before, the same texture as a yoghurt). The ideal being to mix Ghassoul with floral water, in order to take advantage of its virtues.
1. Apply the paste to the face, body or hair, making sure that the skin is clean and moist.
2. Leave the mask on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes, so that the vitamins and minerals penetrate the pores of your skin as well as possible.
3. Then rinse with warm water, but don't be surprised if the Ghassoul seems difficult to remove.
Attention for rinsing: it is preferable for the respect of the protective film of your skin, not to keep the water jet of the shower too long and too strongly on the skin, because the limestone can strike your skin.
Run the water over your hair if necessary, then remove the Ghassoul with your hands.
RECIPES FOR GHASSOUL MASK
Mask for the face :
- 50 grams of Ghassoul
- 10 ml honey
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of argan oil
For the hair :
- 50 grams of Ghassoul to a floral water of your choice
- 1 egg yolk
Then apply to hair as a hair mask on hair from roots to ends. Leave on for 10-15 minutes then rinse with warm water.